With the PRO Food Buy & Pack we purchase the food, reduce the packaging and carefully pack the food for you. In addition to the meals that appear on the menu, we also supply a put-in breakfast and take-out lunch (if we do your take-out shuttle). We offer
two choices for your food packing method - the PRO Pack and the Combo Pack. Whether we pack into your coolers and boxes,
ours, or a combination, we work with you to be sure the overall volume of the food fits sensibly
into your rafts.
Which Food Buy and Pack method suits your needs?
The PRO Pack - $30/day of your trip:
If you are tight for space on your boats, this pack is for you. Similar items are packed together, much like your pantry. Condiments are in one box, breakfast supplies in another. Coolers are split into meat, dairy, and produce. Cans and fruit are in crates, durable vegetables in
- The PRO Pack makes the most efficient use of limited storage space.
- Like items are packed together; for example - all the breakfast items are packed together, all the pasta is together, all the cookies are together.
- Your boxes empty evenly throughout your fleet.
- You're able to utilize fresh foods as they ripen, and respond to changes in the weather or your schedule.
- The PRO pack is the least expensive option.
- Someone will need to pull specific supplies for each meal.
- It takes more time
initially for group members to identify whose raft has what, so shopping is more time consuming.
- You have to consolidate foods to make room for garbage.
The Combo Pack $40/Day of your trip:
Dry & canned goods are packed in order by camp, and coolers are
split into Meat, Dairy and Produce coolers.
- Canned and dry goods are quickly located in the Camp Box.
- Separate coolers
for different types of food allows different temperatures in
each cooler, and keeping the tomatoes all together makes the cooler pack more efficient.
- The food occupies more dry box space than the PRO Pack
- Allows less ease of meal re-scheduling.
- There is no obvious place to store leftovers and unused supplies from the camp box if you convert
that day's box to a garbage container.
- It requires more time for our Food Packer to separate food stuffs into meals and pack them as efficiently as possible, and so, costs more.